The Beeches is a fine example of a beautifully restored Victorian residence dating from 1890. This outstanding residence has undergone an extensive renovation programme yet retains the full charm and character it was originally built with. Occupying an elevated position with distant views The Beeches provides extensive 5-bed 3-bath family accommodation and can only be fully appreciated by viewing. This Grand Old Lady of New Mills was originally built as the home for one of the new Mill owners that gave the town its name, between 1914 and 1918 The Beeches was a Red Cross Military Hospital after which it was the home of Rev. J. Lionel Knowles, M.A., R.D.the Vicar of New Mills.
"THE BEECHES" AS A RED CROSS MILITARY HOSPITAL 1914-1918